Will The Real UFO Expert Please Stand Up?

Alas no one is a "UFO expert." How can one be sufficiently knowledgeable on something that is a true unknown? Mostly we tell each other stories about how we feel about this amazing mystery, form opinions and then fall in love with our pet ideas. The result is most UFO enthusiasts reject information that might contradict their beloved belief systems and we ceaselessly argue among ourselves. This is an all to common human trait that has led to much confusion and suffering.

RIGOROUS ANALYSIS IS BEYOND US AT THE PRESENT TIME

Unfortunately humanity has not committed itself to making a rigorous analysis of the phenomenon's impact on our belief systems. UFOlogy doesn’t appear to have the material or intellectual resources to initiate such a challenging research project. Alas because of the “UFO truth embargo.” such an investigation is not an acceptable activity for academic soft sciences like sociology, psychology, political science, anthropology, or researchers in mythology and folklore.

Contributing to this dilemma is the human tendency to need authority figures to approve of us and to lead us, the so-called UFO experts. The basic emotional need to “follow the leader” causes many to abandon their own critical judgment.

PERSONAL NOTE

On a more personal note I too am so very guilty of this sin in my long history of political involvements that go back to the 1960s. I will not deny that my need for having authority figures has extended to my involvement in the UFO subculture.

In the course of 24 yeas of contact work I imagine that UFO Intel has shown me in a series of staged experiences how they create illusions that we believe are physical objects. This is part of what I call the “Virtual Experience Hypothesis.” I suspect that “Flying Saucer Central” did so for a reason and that “ they” wanted me to share with others this illusory mechanism of contact. So despite how unpopular such notions as the Prime Contactee designation and Virtual Experience Hypotheses are to my fellow contact enthusiasts, I will strive to continue to promote my understandings about what is really going on.

Does my effort to delineate the basic mechanisms of contact make me an “expert?” Not at all! I simply possess a few pieces of a vast puzzle and like many contactees I am imbued with a sense of “mission” to serve what I truly believe is a higher cause.

As a child of peace and social justice movements from fifty years ago, I hope that flying saucers can eventually be linked to solutions for the fundamental problems facing mankind. In my opinion they are war, racism, religious intolerance, sexism, poverty and environmental destruction. I understand this is a very ambitious agenda. It will not be easy to create a dynamic movement of planetary unity that will change the world by inspiration from “wonders in the sky.” WILL THE REAL FLYING SAUCER EXPERT PLEASE STAND UP? J. Burkes MD 2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Francavilla (Pescara) UFO Alien Contact in 1957

New Amazing UFO Flotilla Video Witnessed Over Yuma Arizona